Blood Upon the Rose: Easter 1916: the rebellion that set Ireland free is a 46-page graphic novel written and drawn by Gerry Hunt, coloured by Bren B, and published by The O'Brien Press on 5 October 2009. It retells the events of the Easter Rising, from the initial planning stages to the final executions, taking in the doomed romance between Joseph Plunkett and Grace Gifford.
- "The rising: now with speech bubbles", article on Blood on the Rose in the Irish Times, 26 September 2009
- Blood Upon the Rose reviewed at Tribune Arts, 4 October 2009
- Review by Edward Madigan, Pue's Occurrences: The Irish History Blog, 2 November 2009
- Review by David O'Leary, Comic Related
- Celia Keenan, "Thrilling visuals update old tales for young adults", Irish Independent, 13 December 2009