Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Blood Upon the Rose: Easter 1916: the rebellion that set Ireland free is a 46-page graphic novel written and drawn by Gerry Hunt, coloured by Bren B, and published by The O'Brien Press on 5 October 2009. It retells the events of the Easter Rising, from the initial planning stages to the final executions, taking in the doomed romance between Joseph Plunkett and Grace Gifford.
- "The rising: now with speech bubbles", article on Blood on the Rose in the Irish Times, 26 September 2009
- Blood Upon the Rose reviewed at Tribune Arts, 4 October 2009
- Review by Edward Madigan, Pue's Occurrences: The Irish History Blog, 2 November 2009
- Review by David O'Leary, Comic Related
- Celia Keenan, "Thrilling visuals update old tales for young adults", Irish Independent, 13 December 2009